Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: What's the ETA on the Series 3 titles announcement?  (Read 11119 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
What's the ETA on the Series 3 titles announcement?
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:11:02 AM »
Now that we are half way through Series 2......when will we get to hear about Series 3?
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Re: What's the ETA on the Series 3 titles announcement?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »
That's a pretty good question, I'd like to know when also so I can get my funding ready.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 05:35:40 AM »
That's a pretty good question, I'd like to know when also so I can get my funding ready.

Jay

Well is there no info on the next titles???? What's the deal???

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »
We have our requests in for titles. By now you guys probably know that we don't announce them until the licenses are signed. Paul is our A&R guy and he will have a better sense of how close we are to signing the contracts than I. He has been out of town for the past couple of weeks and I imagine he will be back on station some time next week.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline John Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
We have our requests in for titles. By now you guys probably know that we don't announce them until the licenses are signed.

This implies that TP-014, Keith Clark/Pacific Symphony Orchestra: Respighi: Church Windows; Poema Autumnale has been licensed but to my knowledge no one at The Tape Project has been able to tell us when it will be issued. Doc, you said a couple of months ago Paul would have an answer upon his return from vacation. Has anyone seen a release date for this tape? What seems to be the holdup? In the mean time three tapes further along in the queue have been shipped or is about to be shipped still no one can tell us when Church Windows gets shipped. How about it Doc? Is there a problem?
John Beach

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:13 AM »
It's simply a matter of Paul and Keith finding the time to get together and make the transfers. They haven't been able to coordinate that yet, and we have been shipping series two albums as soon as we complete them, so other catalog numbers have gone out that have higher numbers. The catalog numbers were assigned some time ago, before we had a clear picture of which albums would be ready first. Right now we are shipping Little Hatch, Rock me Baby. We have shipped all the Hatch albums that have been duped so far, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the total orders. Paul has been doing some routine maintenance on the duping line this week and production will start up again in a day or two.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline John Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
It's simply a matter of Paul and Keith finding the time to get together and make the transfers. They haven't been able to coordinate that yet, and we have been shipping series two albums as soon as we complete them, so other catalog numbers have gone out that have higher numbers. The catalog numbers were assigned some time ago, before we had a clear picture of which albums would be ready first.

So are you saying a lack of subscribers for Church Windows would have no bearing on when Paul and Keith find time to make the transfers? I?ve only see one other inquiry here about the delay in TP-014. At what point does the management group of The Tape Project make the determination there isn?t enough demand for a given tape and shelve it? What is a reasonable length of time paying subscribers should wait for tapes that are not making it into production? The subscription list was announced two years ago so it?s not as if it just snuck up on you.
John Beach

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
John, after looking over the order database I now understand that you didn't order any of the six Series Two titles that we have produced so far and I now understand why you are getting impatient for the two that you did order. Not sure why it is you have assumed there is insufficient demand for one of our titles because I tried to explain that we are working on producing each title as soon as the sequence of events necessary comes together. We have plenty of orders for the Reference titles and plenty of orders for all of the other Series Two titles. That's why it's taking time to get them all made and delivered. I can't tell you today exactly when you will get those titles, other than to say we are constantly working to get Series Two albums out and yours will ship at the time when we are shipping those titles to everyone who ordered them. When I am able to collect the information necessary to give a more definite time frame I will share it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:14:12 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »

Jay

Jay, you should start getting your funding together. You're gonna like Series Three.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »

Jay

Jay, you should start getting your funding together. You're gonna like Series Three.
Hey Paul,
I am sure looking forward to the next set of titles, and filling the kitty as we speak!!! Any idea about when???

Jay

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:04:39 PM »
It's simply a matter of Paul and Keith finding the time to get together and make the transfers. They haven't been able to coordinate that yet, and we have been shipping series two albums as soon as we complete them, so other catalog numbers have gone out that have higher numbers. The catalog numbers were assigned some time ago, before we had a clear picture of which albums would be ready first.

So are you saying a lack of subscribers for Church Windows would have no bearing on when Paul and Keith find time to make the transfers? I?ve only see one other inquiry here about the delay in TP-014. At what point does the management group of The Tape Project make the determination there isn?t enough demand for a given tape and shelve it? What is a reasonable length of time paying subscribers should wait for tapes that are not making it into production? The subscription list was announced two years ago so it?s not as if it just snuck up on you.
John Beach

John:

If you think it's easy to pin Keith down, think again :) I tried to get him for some comments on the Arnold Overtures releases and even knowing Keith, could never get ahold of him. Tried thru Marcia and Tam :( He's one busy dude and a perfectionist. I' msure he'd be spending weeks making sure his tape deck is up to snuff for the transfer process :)
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »

Jay

TEASE :)
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 05:20:28 AM »

Jay

TEASE :)
Hey Myles,
I kind of felt the same thing, a little tease!!! So come on spill it when???

Jay