Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Isao Tomita  (Read 4630 times)

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Isao Tomita
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
Here is a category that has not been talked about much, Electronic music. I heard Debussy's "The Girl With The Flaxen Hair" played on piano at a wedding yesterday and was instantly reminded of Tomita's amazingly quirky wonderful early synthesizer versions of the French impressionist's work circa 1974 - "Snowflakes Are Dancing". This deserves better than RCA's 70's Dynagroove/Dynaflex Red Seal pressings. In fact, with all of it's early Moog sharp wave forms and transients, and out of phase material, it is the sort of thing a vinyl disc mastering engineer would dread. It was also mastered and released in CD4 disc as well as both quadraphonic tape formats. "Snowflakes Are Dancing" would probably be pretty amazing as a TP release, especially with surround ambiance decoding playback.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Isao Tomita
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:33:39 AM »
Or as part of a new sub-series of 15 ips. 4 track / 4 channel surround mix releases? :-)
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...