TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Meet Jared Sacks of Channel Classics  (Read 4369 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Meet Jared Sacks of Channel Classics
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »
Ok, this is not a Tape Project event - but many TP subscribers live in the Bay Area, and Robert Lang (who has written many thoughtful comments on music and recordings on both audioasylum and sa-cd.net) will be hosting Jared Sacks of Channel Classics at his home in Oakland on November 21.  Channel has become one of the top labels devoted to multichannel SACD and has focused on producing extremely well received recordings by artists like Rachel Podger and Ivan Fischer, as well as the infamous recording of Brahms "Piano Concerto No. 3".  Here is Robert's posting from www.sa-cd.net:

"I am honored to host Jared Sacks, founder of Channel Classics for discourse and music listening at my home, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sunday 2 pm, November 21. Mr. Sacks? credits also include being a producer, recording engineer and editor for Channel Classics recordings.

Mr. Sacks is foremost a musician for a passion of music who also happens to make recordings. And to that end the Channel Classics discography includes more than 100 SACDs listed at SA-CD.net. An avowed supporter of the format, all of Mr. Sacks? SACDs are recorded in DSD.

In addition to listening to music and learning of Mr. Sacks? approach to recording and producing music he is, most importantly, interested in a fluid interchange of ideas with music lovers on a broad number of music topics.

So join me for this most unique opportunity to meet and discourse with Mr. Sacks.

For more information please email me: [email protected] "

Lary

Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's