Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Linked Events

• Bottlehead/TP open house: October 22, 2010

Author Topic: Bottlehead and Tape Project open house October 22nd, Bainbridge Island  (Read 7671 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Please join us for an open house in our new facility on Bainbridge Island, WA. We've been working hard for the past few months putting together a new space that will feature a high quality listening room, a headphone listening salon, and that has room for classes, audio club meeting and general audio mischief as well as housing the office, lab and packing and shipping facilities for Bottlehead and The Tape Project.

It's not all finished yet, but we are excited to share our new digs with the community, so we are hosting an open house Friday October 22nd from 6-9 p.m. We'll have beverages, a little nosh, lots of good music playing and our dear friend and Tape Project recording artist Jacqui Naylor will be here to sign your CDs and Tapes and maybe even sing us a song or two.

Our main system will be playing a selection of Tape Project tapes and you will also be able to hear some of the headphone setups we have been showing at various Head-Fi meets. We'll even be having a drawing for Quickie battery powered preamp.

So come on by! Bottlehead Corp. is located in the Sportsman Business Park at 9415 Coppertop Loop, Suite 101, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. It's an easy 5 minute drive from the Bainbridge Island Ferry. We can be reached at 206-451-4275.

http://www.bottlehead.com/loosep/openhouse/openhouse.htm
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:25:32 AM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Bottlehead and Tape Project open house October 22nd, Bainbridge Island
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:44 AM »
Just a little bump to remind everyone that the open house is tomorrow night. We have some treatment up in the listening room which has it sounding decent now, and the rest of the place is pretty much together except for the lab. I think it should make for a fun party. Hope to see you there!
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »
Doc,

best wishes on your Open House tonight.

i tried to move things around with my schedule to be able to get downtown to catch an early enough ferry to make it but it's not going to happen.

have fun and congrats on the new diggs.

cheers,
Mike Lavigne

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
No sweat Mike, we'll get you over for a personal tour some day. We have everything fairly well dialed, both headphone rigs and the speaker system. I even managed to get a batch of gin made. Jacqui just called and she's just driving off the ferry. Only bad thing is the postman locked my espresso delivery in a package box and left the wrong key. Man, that's not a smart thing to do in coffee addict country...but we'll have plenty of regular coffee.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline U47

• View Profile
    • my website
Re: Bottlehead and Tape Project open house video
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »
Great evening at Doc's with fine music and conversation. Congrats to the Bottlehead crew on your new headquarters. Here is a 30 second video I shot on my phone. Sorry about the grain- it was pretty dark :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II5fZhIaSe0
Technics 1500 with King/Cello playback electronics, Stellavox SP-7, Technics 1500/Ampex MR70, Tascam BR-20 .

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »
Thanks Rich! As everyone there could tell, we have ways to go with the room. We shot it on Thursday and measured a really flat tonal balance down to 40hz, where deep bass drops like a stone. And then of course we changed two things in the setup on Friday (!), that eradicated the mid bass and shifted the midrange balance at the rear of the room to the left. We adjusted both of those things back around 11:15 that night and got it back closer to sound from the day before. Everyone was very gracious about the sound in spite of the issues. The room treatments in that barn of a room had been in place for all of two days, so it will only get better.

Many thanks to all who attended. We had lots of beer and wine left, food worked out to be just the right amount (meaning I got to eat leftovers yesterday) Candy in the lobby was very popular, but a bit was left the next morning. But strangely, the two fifths of gin I made was gone by the end of the night. Does anyone remember seeing that blonde chick drinking martinis? Man, she was keeping up with me. Once everyone saw her drinking them there was a line to get one. Now you know why I call her my sista.

Phillip Chance was taking some pictures, hopefully he will post a few.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:41:56 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
Doc and TP Crew,

Congratulations on the new space...looks like a great location to get work done :-)
U47 - thanks for the clip.

Best,

Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »
Looks like a very happening event you guys!
I'm really sorry I couldn't make it but life got in the way.
Congrats on the new home for Bottlehead/TP!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades