Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Any of you guys have a 1/2" 2 track  (Read 5754 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Any of you guys have a 1/2" 2 track
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »
All the talk about Ebay reminded me of something that I bought there a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly (it's buried in the garage after my move) it's 4, 10.5",  1/2" reels recorded @15ips, 2 track. All it has written on the box is some dates and Playboy after Dark.I was listed as Playboy after Dark master tapes? I don't know how many of you guys remember it, but it was a variety show that was hosted by Hugh Hefner. It's format was supposed to look like an informal get together in a home aand was in black and white.  I can remember seeing Dizzy Gillespie,Ray Brown, ( Hugh loves jazz as evidenced by the long running jazz festival @ Hollywood Bowl) lots of great comedians and some pop stars. I should pull it out and take a closer look, but I'd love to know what's on them. BTW, I got them for $20 so what the hell!
OOps, I just pulled them out and they're actually 4 track. sorry
One of them is apparently the music that was used to play while rolling credits. They're recorded on 3M 225 and 226. non dolby, stereo, 15ips, and something called DFTC? The boxes are labeled " Music Works" in Burbank Ca..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:06:19 PM by ironbut »
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades