TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Fleetwood Mac  (Read 5173 times)

Offline analogmaster

• View Profile
Fleetwood Mac
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:54 AM »
I was listening to a Japanese LP pressing of "Rumours" that had an incredible sound.  All the tracks are solid hits and would be an excellent selection for tape especially since there is a paucity of classic rock from that era (I don't think The Band's "Stage Fright" does justice.  The other LP would be the self titled LP that contains "Landslide" and "Rhiannon." 
Taj Madiwale
Magnepan 20.1s, Nola thunderbolt subs, Pass Labs X600.5s and XP25 phonostage, ARC Ref 3 pre and Ref 8 CD, VPI Ref Scoutmaster/10.5 arm/Dynavector XV1S cart, Tascam BR20 R2R with United Home Audio Phase 5 upgrade.

Offline Gkar

• Randy Warren
    • View Profile
Re: Fleetwood Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
love that album, but I would guess the license would be very expensive.  I would love to hear Fleetwood Mac's "Future Games" and "Mystery to Me" albums, very underrated and wonderful stuff, Bob Welch wrote some killer songs, and that Taylor Hawkins, drummer for the Foo Fighters, is a big fan of "Future Games"...
"Music possesses far richer means of expression, and it is a more subtle medium in which to translate the thousand shifting moments in the mood of a soul." - Tchaikovsky