TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Tape Project Series Three preview at Bottleheadquarters, January 22nd  (Read 7754 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
We will have an informal listening session on January 22nd, 2-4p.m., during which we will be playing some tracks from three of the new Tape Project Series Three albums - selections from Nat Adderley's well known Work Song, Creedence Clearwater Revival's double platinum Willy and the Poor Boys, and the Oliver Nelson's amazing first big band album Afro-American Sketches. Stop by and hear tapes and the tape machine (my Bottlehead modded Nagra T Audio) that wowed listeners in the Magico room at CES 2011.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Re: Tape Project Series Three preview at Bottleheadquarters, January 22nd
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »
Dan:

Have you built the Repro electronics into your Nagra now? Didn't notice a Repro in the Magico room.
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:33:56 PM »
Dan:

Have you built the Repro electronics into your Nagra now? Didn't notice a Repro in the Magico room.

Yeah, I've been running the Nagra with a Tube Repro in the overbridge for a couple of year now. I guess we did such a sanitary installation that it looks factory ;^)>

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
Dan:

Yeah, I've been running the Nagra with a Tube Repro in the overbridge for a couple of year now. I guess we did such a sanitary installation that it looks factory ;^)>

OK, I'm going to look really dumb. I was looking for a dark faceplate :(

I blew up my pic and see you also have the Nagra Master Eq for the Repro. How is that different from the other two Eqs?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:52:11 PM by MylesAstor »
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
We will have an informal listening session on January 22nd, 2-4p.m... Stop by and hear tapes and the tape machine (my Bottlehead modded Nagra T Audio) that wowed listeners in the Magico room at CES 2011.

you know, that sounds like a whole lotta fun. drive down from BC, maybe spend the night on the island - anything nice on Bainbridge :)  i've done a similar weekend trip to Port Gamble - from what i've heard, Bainbridge is even nicer.
Lance Bailey
--
walk gently. leave a good impression.

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
PG is nice, but kind of a time capsule. Bainbridge has the city that was once known as Winslow (long, stupid story) and it has nice restaurants, art galleries, book stores, boutiques, coffee houses, etc.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »

I blew up my pic and see you also have the Nagra Master Eq for the Repro. How is that different from the other two Eqs?

The high frequency rollover is at around 12Khz and the bottom end has the same transition at 50Hz as the NAB curve.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle