Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Be Altitude Respect Yourself  (Read 10946 times)

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Be Altitude Respect Yourself
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »
Since no one has post in the thread for this album I am posting the question here, on reel side A what is the last song on this reel???

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Re: Be Altitude Respect Yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »
Since no one has post in the thread for this album I am posting the question here, on reel side A what is the last song on this reel???

Jay

Hard to believe that forty of you looked at this thread and no one replied!!! Do none of you have this tape???

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »
I don't have it, but do these quotes from a thread from this forum talking about this album help any? -

astrotoy -

"Got mine this afternoon and I've already played through both tapes. I think this is the first gospel type of album that I have in my collection. One thing I have found is that the TP has broadened my musical exposure, just as collecting classical records has broadened my forays into 20th century music.  THe album was a lot of fun - it is infectiously toe tapping and the rhythm section is really fine.  Only one question. On the sheet it lists "Beatitudes" from Matthew as the last cut. I don't have that on my tape.   Thanks, Larry"

ironbut -

"Hey Larry,
It looks like you're as good a biblical scholar as I am. After a check of the wiki;

the Beatitudes (from Latin beatus, meaning "blessed" or "happy"[1]) are blessings from Jesus recorded in the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew and the Sermon on the Plain in Luke. The blessings in Luke refer to external situations while those in Matthew refer more to spiritual or moral qualities.

Thus the reference to the book of Matthew (simply showing where the title comes from rather than a song title).
See, ya just never know where this magnetic tape path will lead us!"
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »
Yea thanks stevie, if that's correct that's what I was looking for...

Jay