Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Technics 1500/1506  (Read 5124 times)

Offline mossfred

• View Profile
Technics 1500/1506
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
Can anyone help me with  or know where to find a little plastic end piece that fits on the end of the monitor/source switch??

Fred

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Technics 1500/1506
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »
Handled (pun intended).
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mikkelbreiler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 06:36:19 AM »
Can anyone help me with  or know where to find a little plastic end piece that fits on the end of the monitor/source switch??

Fred

If you are referring to the plastic levers that are slightly longer than the BIAS /EQ and Record switch levers, then you must realize that these are longer on the 1500 and the 1506 and possible the 1520, but not on any other model, and not used on anything but tape decks.
This means that if you want to keep your decks cosmetic with a retro look and your levers are missing or broken, as they often do due to turning brittle and have the metal spring push them into pieces, then every single time a parts deck is up ask or check that seller for auctions of the levers seperately.
This also goes if you need a set of knobs or any other cosmetic part.
If you are bothered by visible marks on the faceplate from bent reels, just mount a gorgeous reel to spice it up when not in use.
I am not familiar with TapeProject offerings, but perhaps you could get two take-up reels in that design or just buy one and put one flange on another reel so they both face outward - you will never need to show the other side, as TapeProject tapes are not playing in reverse. They are mounted to the right, wound to the left and played to the original reel ready for hold-down tape and storage.

I just grabbed a set of levers on eBay from England. Both the two long ones are present as well as the 4 normal length levers. All in usable condition, with one of thm showing signs of deformation and perhaps imminent cracking due to stress fro mthe built-in metal spring.

Search often and be rewarded.

-Mikkel

Offline analogfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »
I understand that Pioneer vintage receivers have toggle switch covers that will work but I have not tried them.  Have read on other vintage sites.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Bob Edwards

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 12:08:04 AM »
I guess I shouldn't have been so cryptic.
I sent the "handles" to Fred back in November.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades