TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Special discount for Series One & Series Two subscribers, thru March 15, 2011  (Read 20659 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
In acknowledgment of your support, all current Series One and Series Two subscribers who order a Selective or a Full Series Three subscription before March 16, 2011 will receive a 10% discount off the regular subscription prices of $1800 for selective and $3000 for full - save up to $300! Shipping of the first of Series Three albums is estimated to begin in late spring. Contact Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call 206-451-4275 to take advantage of this limited time offer.
http://www.tapeproject.com/subscription/subscription.htm
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:57:25 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Excellent deal Doc!
Being the penny pincher that I am, I'll be sure and take advantage of that.
Please post a reminder a week or two before the special ends.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Excellent deal Doc!
Being the penny pincher that I am, I'll be sure and take advantage of that.
Please post a reminder a week or two before the special ends.

+1
Xavier Cortes

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
I think that I am going to have to see the other titles before I commit to this again.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Thanks, Doc...much appreciated :-)
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
When will the rest of Series 3 be announced?

Thanks,

Tom
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
We are working hard to acquire four more titles for Series Three and even more titles for future series. As always, we don't announce titles until we have a signed licensing agreement. And so it is difficult to say exactly when we will be able to announce them, but we are hopeful that it will be fairly soon.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Hi Dan,
In all fairness to all who have supported the TP from the start wouldn't it be right to offer the discount after all ten titles have been announced?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
This discount is to offer the opportunity for those who are willing to trust our judgment to get a bit of a reward for investing in Series Three based on what we have secured so far. This goes a long way toward getting the Series rolling and gives us cash by which to acquire those future titles.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
This discount is to offer the opportunity for those who are willing to trust our judgment to get a bit of a reward for investing in Series Three based on what we have secured so far.

Dan,
I understand that!!! At the same time some of us have already trusted in you and your decisions, and based on that was my comment!!! Looking at the first six titles what if I am only interested in let's say three of them, I would want to wait until the other four are announced before investing in series three. This of course is just my opinion but, my opinion is what counts to me.

Jay

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
The way we look at this is the subscribers who invest early are helping everyone by building up a bank account to give us more leverage in the acquisition of  bigger titles that come with more expensive licenses. So an early investment at this time could make it more certain that those last four will be outstanding choices.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
The way we look at this is the subscribers who invest early are helping everyone by building up a bank account to give us more leverage in the acquisition of  bigger titles that come with more expensive licenses. So an early investment at this time could make it more certain that those last four will be outstanding choices.
The way I am looking at it is I have aready done this TWICE!!! in good faith, and feel a reward would be to have a discount offered when all the titles are known. Also how many of the last four are going to be Classical??? Something I don't have just about any interest in???

Jay

Offline jeri

• View Profile
Uh Oh.  I was with Jay right up until he expressed the concern that some of the last four might be classical.  I would be happy with classical -- depending on the works, of course.  (Please, no Schoenberg.)  I'm concerned there might be more jazz.  There is already at least 40% of Series III devoted to jazz, along with the the 40% of Series I and the 40% of Series II.  I was happy to have some in the first two series for variety, but jazz isn't my favorite and I have no interest in more.  On the other hand, if, say, Peter, Paul, and Mary were among the TBD's, it would be a different story.  So I'm in the wait and see camp, too.
Jeri

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Uh Oh.  I was with Jay right up until he expressed the concern that some of the last four might be classical.  I would be happy with classical -- depending on the works, of course.  (Please, no Schoenberg.)  I'm concerned there might be more jazz.  There is already at least 40% of Series III devoted to jazz, along with the the 40% of Series I and the 40% of Series II.  I was happy to have some in the first two series for variety, but jazz isn't my favorite and I have no interest in more.  On the other hand, if, say, Peter, Paul, and Mary were among the TBD's, it would be a different story.  So I'm in the wait and see camp, too.
I agree fully wait and see!!! Jeri I have nothing against Classical it is just that I prefer other variety over Classical.

Jay

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
I think that the TP has so far managed to balance reasonably well among genres. And I would expect such tendency to continue in Series Three thus including some classical.

In the Series Three anouncement thread I said:

Hopefully there will be some classical in the remainder four

And Doc's answer was:

We are delving into a catalog with great depth for some primo classical titles.
Xavier Cortes