Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Special discount for Series One & Series Two subscribers, thru March 15, 2011  (Read 20661 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
6 out of 20 (30%) for series 1 and 2 hardly seems like too many classical. It all depends on tastes, of course, and there has been an attempt to strike a balance, since there aren't that many releases to go around. Maybe it is one of these things that if everyone complains, the balance must be just right.

Personally, I have been mostly satisfied with the selection of titles. I thought the classical side was a bit on the "light classics" side of things, but the performances and sound are all excellent.  Really looking forward to Church Windows, which is a major piece that is going to test our systems. The tapes that have spent the most time on my deck have probably been Creek Bank, Brilliant Corners, and Blackjack David, but I am happy to have them all.

Schoenberg's Transfigured Night wouldn't be so hard for most......more like Wagner or Richard Strauss than say, Five Pieces for Orchestra.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
I've also been very happy with the selections made so far. Of course, there are titles that see much more play time than others but that's because I get hooked on one album for a while and not because I don't like the ones that don't get played as much.

As far as the balance of genres goes, we do have the Suggestion Box forum and I'd say that the releases have tracked the posts there pretty closely.
I can't say how surprised I am how few posts we get in that forum. With some vinyl release series I've seen folks begging for some sort of avenue to make their requests known. We have it here and nobody uses it?!

I can sympathize with JC nevertheless. It would be better for the members to know all the titles before they lay down their hard earned cash no doubt. But, this is a special deal offered to get some cash flow going and the trade off is not knowing the final titles. I'm sure that the principles realize that this isn't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with being one of the members that would prefer to pass on it.
I'm sure that most of us realize that the Tape Project's rule regarding not announcing future titles till all the paperwork is signed is set in stone. I haven't resorted to physical torture but I'm not getting any hints that you guys don't hear.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
I've also been very happy with the selections made so far. Of course, there are titles that see much more play time than others but that's because I get hooked on one album for a while and not because I don't like the ones that don't get played as much.

As far as the balance of genres goes, we do have the Suggestion Box forum and I'd say that the releases have tracked the posts there pretty closely.
I can't say how surprised I am how few posts we get in that forum. With some vinyl release series I've seen folks begging for some sort of avenue to make their requests known. We have it here and nobody uses it?!

I can sympathize with JC nevertheless. It would be better for the members to know all the titles before they lay down their hard earned cash no doubt. But, this is a special deal offered to get some cash flow going and the trade off is not knowing the final titles. I'm sure that the principles realize that this isn't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with being one of the members that would prefer to pass on it.
I'm sure that most of us realize that the Tape Project's rule regarding not announcing future titles till all the paperwork is signed is set in stone. I haven't resorted to physical torture but I'm not getting any hints that you guys don't hear.
Well just to clear the air a bit, I never said I didn't like any of the so far titles. What I am saying is that I have laid out the cash in good faith TWICE already, and now there is an offer of a discount to lay it out AGAIN without knowing what the last four titles are!!! I feel this offer should be offered after all ten titles are known for those of us who in the past took the leap of faith!!1

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile

Well just to clear the air a bit, I never said I didn't like any of the so far titles. What I am saying is that I have laid out the cash in good faith TWICE already, and now there is an offer of a discount to lay it out AGAIN without knowing what the last four titles are!!! I feel this offer should be offered after all ten titles are known for those of us who in the past took the leap of faith!!1

Jay
What no one has anything to say???

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
I'm back from a long trip overseas. I'm in for Series 3.  I'm not a jazz person, so I would be one the other side from Jay as far as classical. However, the TP has introduced me to some great music that I would have not otherwise encountered.  A similar thing happened over 30 years ago, when Harry Pearson started TAS SuperDisc list - and included a fair number of 20th century composers from Gt. Britain (through Lyrita records) and the US (through Mercury) that I had never heard of, let alone heard. That has led me in musical directions that have been very rewarding.  Thanks, Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline TomR

• View Profile
I just reupped. I look forward to Series III!
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just a reminder...if you haven't already re-upped, you have just two more days to take advantage of the discount.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Thanks Paul!
Somehow I remembered to "pay my dues" a few days ago but normally, this is exactly the kinda stuff I space.

Great choices on series 3!
The "Catalog" page on the TP home site is looking very impressive!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
I just reupped. I look forward to Series III!

I'm all in. Now if I can just figure out a way to get rid of some of the people ahead of me in the queue :) Any ideas :)
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Well I see that all the series 3 titles are still not on the table!!! Now
how long has it been since the offer of a discount? I think about 18 months!!! WOW!!!

Offline audioblazers

• View Profile
JCmusic I m with you in this. It's taking way too long. 18mths to receive 1st tape
Happy Listening

Song Soon Onn

Offline deeng

• View Profile
I think it would be great to get an update---a progress report---something to let us know what's happening with the project.  I'm not seeing anything.

Scott
Scott Dean

Offline MyPal

• View Profile
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum & would like to introduce myself.

My name is Steve from Melbourne Australia. I recently purchased a refurbished A810 MkII s/n: #7979, one of the last 10 made. It originated from a retired CBS exec & has low Canadian hours. It has undergone a Studer restoration.  Currently it is calibrated for 3M996 & SM911 tape medium.  It is setup & plays beautifully.

I am interested in subscribing & hope all is well with The Tape Project.  In fact, I purchased the Studer with this in mind.  From my perspective here, things seemed to have gotten a little quiet with The Tape Project but there is some chatter at O....? 

1. Are there any current subscription offers for new subscribers?
2. Secondly, given my rig & current calibration, am I good to go?
3. How is Series 3 progressing?
4. Will we see a Series 4?

I also have a couple of NOS A820 tranfoless cards that I'm thinking of installing?  Any thoughts & feedback would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Steve
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:15:46 AM by MyPal »