TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Music To Come Home To  (Read 5480 times)

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
Music To Come Home To
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:23:19 AM »
Of all the new jazz artists out there today, the one doing much to bring back the large orchestra, conducting and writing her own music and capturing the most stunning sound, is none other than Maria Schneider. She uses musical instruments in her writings not normally used. Instruments such as the fluegelhorn, clarinet, accordion, bird calls, electronics, harmonica and even the soprano saxophone. Not since Gill Evans, Claude Thornhill, Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn have I heard such a talent as Ms. Schneider.

She has about 5 recordings out, but I want to just mention Sky Blue, Allegresse and Coming About. This music is extrodinarily beautiful. I find myself swaying with delight and emotion whenever I play one of these CD's. Listen to "The Pretty Road" on the new Sky Blue recording where Maria uses the human voice along with the accordion to add impact and emotion to the music. And on my Audio Research driven equipment the sound spreads across the room and It's a kockout and beautiful beyond any description I can think of.

I urge the powers that be (Tape Project) to quickly visit Maria's web site at:
www.mariaschneider.com and pick up on what she is doing. This is orchestral jazz at its best.

Ms. Schneider travels almost everywhere so that as many people as possible can hear her music. She spends lots of time at colleges to introduce young people to the jazz medium. This is a jazz talent that I think will be perfect for the "Tape Project" jazz offerings. Thanks for listening and any opinions.

Bob W.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 08:55:17 AM by rbwtapeinterlink »
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.