TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Absolute Sound magazine visits TTP  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Tim

• View Profile
Tim Leinbaugh
Service Technician
with RTR specialty.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute Sound magazine visits TTP
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »
Thanks for the link Tim!
I haven't heard the latest changes that Bob, Michael and Paul have made, but that room does sound amazing!
I'll never forget the first time I heard it (with the Magico's and the custom amplification that Doc built for them). I was totally dumbfounded and the impact of the sound didn't sink in till I was driving home.
Very cool to soak up some of the recording history that oozes out of the wall there too.

Speaking of Doc, the system he has set up at the Bottlehead HQ ain't too shabby either. It doesn't delve the depths like those Focals (or the Bag End that was with the Magicos) but it's so freakin' engaging that it's hard to notice. If you're up in the Seattle area, it's worth the trip to hear Jimmy Smith and company do their thing on it. It's Mm-Mm good!

I have to consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to hear these systems. Thanks guys!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades