TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: The last three titles for 2007  (Read 12039 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
The last three titles for 2007
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »
OK, guys I've been sitting on this for a month or so, but I can finally share:

TP008 Bill Evans  - Waltz for Debby

TP009 Mose Allison - Creek Bank

TP010 Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus

Just listened to the original masters for Waltz for Debby and Creek Bank. Yeeeeooooowwwwwww.....
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
Re: The last three titles for 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 12:11:17 AM »
WOW!!!

i'd say a home run. you have set the bar very high for the future.

i admit to not being familiar with the Mose Allison......but the other 2 are all-time classics and two of my favorites. i especially look forward to comparing my 45rpm reissues of 'Waltz' and 'Colossus' to the 15 ips......that should nail it for me.......the best of vinyl compared to The Tape Project tapes.

i cannot wait. could this mean more of the Fantasy Catalog are 'in play'?

this should send a few shock-waves out there. it must have been an interesting process securing these rights.

any fence-sitters should be tipped....particularly in anticipation of the future direction.

great job and many thanks.

mikel
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:17:01 AM by mikel »
Mike Lavigne

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »
What a catch! All three of these are "Monster Cuts" and bad to the bone. Sonny Rollins set the stage for John Coltrane and many others. Who can say enough about Bill Evans? And my man, Mose Allison has been singing superbly for many years. He provides humor, but real mastery of whatever material he chooses to sing. Thank you for gathering into the "Tape Project" fold, these three master artists. Please let everyone who played a role in this effort to know that I personally thank all.

Bob Williams
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline Danny Kaey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:59 PM »
holy crap, Mose is in!!??

sweet stuff, the d00d rocks!!!

:)
SonicFlare
www.sonicflare.com

US Editor | The Inner Ear
www.innerearmag.com

Senior Assistant Editor | Positive-Feedback Online
www.positive-feedback.com

Offline TommyTunes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »
Just emailed with my order for Waltz for Debbie and Saxophone Colosus. 

Can't what!  This the greatest new I've had all year. 

Hummmmm is Miles and Coltrane for next year???????
Thomas Caselli

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »
Just stepped in the door from the Monterey Jazz Festival and WOW! Thanks Paul,.. I was just sitting in front of Sonny about 15 hours ago and man, he's an ageless wonder. But, (from last night too) so are Dave Brubeck/Jim Hall and Gerald Wilson/Kenny Burrell(from Sat. night). And if your willing to,.. just put that Walttz for Debby in a plastic bag for a moment, seal it as fast as you can, and I give you a hundred for the air inside of it! ( I'm only half kidding on that)
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your support! We will be handling orders for individual albums of a given title after we fulfill the orders from charter subscribers and then selective subscribers for that title. At this point it looks like it will take at least a month and a half of full scale hard core production time to get caught up with the current subscriber orders for all ten titles. We are producing the albums in the order of their catalog numbers and hence the last three titles will be a little bit longer in coming than the first titles.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline Chuck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
Was with Doc, Paul and Romo in the Camilla Room last Saturday evening, listened to the original masters of Waltz for Debbie (One of my Desert Island Albums) Stunning stuff. Listened to some Moss Allison and the Arnold Overtures. And have some thoughts on the experience.
--A 1st Generation Master Tape will overshadow ANY source you have if the RTR is even close to being right.
--I'm going to buy as many tapes as possible, these guys LOVE music, chances of a dog ending up in the mailbox is smaller than W getting elected to a third term.
--That was my fifth or sixth time listening in the Camilla room. While it IS the pinnacle of home listening rooms the Magic is the medium.
--I can hardly wait!

Regards to all, Chuck

Linn LP-12, SME w/ Clearaudio Arum Beta S, Seduction phono stage, Foreplay III preamp to 300B Monoblocks (Parabee) and homebrew 3 way speakers. Current projects: Straight 8 line array speakers w/ ribbon tweeters and RS-1500 resurrection.

Offline niklasthedolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 02:52:31 PM »
Do I understand it correctly?
This is about 15 ips/38cm pr. sec R2R 1/4'' tape 2-track one side recordings made from 1'' copies of mastertapes originaly from Blue Note productions of early days?

If that is correct, how do I place an order?

Kindly

"dolph"

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:04:18 PM »
Do I understand it correctly?
This is about 15 ips/38cm pr. sec R2R 1/4'' tape 2-track one side recordings made from 1'' copies of mastertapes originaly from Blue Note productions of early days?

Nick,

That's pretty close. Go to our main site: www.tapeproject.com Right on the home page is a summary of our production process. You got that part right.

Then click "Catalog" on the floater window, and check out the ten titles we are offerring this year. We think it's all great stuff. None of the titles this year actually originated on Blue Note. But they contain great music, and yes each one starts from the original master tape.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline niklasthedolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 03:31:56 PM »
Subscriptions......................

Too many titles I wouldn't want.
:-)

How to place a single order for a single tape and what's the price?
Please.......

P.S.: I have a very recent factory adjusted and serviced Lyrec 1/4'' half-track machine with a 100% thumb up from the factory.

I would not need your allignment tape, would I?
I mean.............your machines are set up to standard alignment, aren't they?

"dolph"

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 05:32:10 PM »
Good evening Doc,
Maybe I missed this info. Can you share how the individual titles will be priced? I will have to purchase a reel at a time unfortunately. Also, what's happening with blank reels and how will they be priced? Thanks much.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
Individual albums will retail for $329. They will be made available after we have taken care of subscriber orders, probably six to eight weeks from now. Empty Tape Project reels will sell for $40 each. We will make those available soon.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline flyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 04:29:06 PM »
So now that delivery of the 2007 titles is getting up to speed thanks to all the hard work that everybody is putting in,

and we're getting very close to 2008,

can you tell me when you think you'll begin revealing the titles of the 2008 catalog?

Regards, Aske
Aske Plaat

Music Lover