TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Bay Area TPers - April 30 1PM - Save the Date!  (Read 5972 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Bay Area TPers - April 30 1PM - Save the Date!
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »
Hi folks,

We are having a special guest coming to the Bay Area - Xavier Cortes - our favorite Mexico City TP member.  We are planning to have a get together at Chez Toy in Orinda on April 30 at 1PM to meet Xavier and to talk and listen. Because of his complex schedule, we won't know for sure until next Monday whether we will be able to have the gathering. Please save the date and time. As usual we will have a pot luck lunch at the gathering.  We can listen to the newest TP018 and the vinyl versions of Respighi and Copland for comparison.  Please email me at [email protected] if you can make it. I will post again and send out PM's to those who respond.  Hope to see a bunch of you on the 30th. PS In addition to his analogue system, Xavier is building a digital system very similar to mine - a Pacific Microsonics Model Two ADAC, driven by Pyramix software (Version 7) using a Mykerinos card - by Merging Technologies. 

Take care, Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Bay Area TPers - April 30 1PM - Save the Date!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »
Definitely looking forward to it Larry.
Hopefully, Xavier's schedule will work out for a get together. I haven't seen him since way back in 2008 at VSAC.
I'll email you to confirm.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »
Will try and make it if at all possible. Thanks !
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:11:59 PM »
Hi guys.

I still need a few more hours! I beg for your patience. I will have a definitive answer by noon tomorrow (PT).

Thanks!
Xavier Cortes

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
I won't be able to make it. Work will keep me anchored in Mexico City. Thanks a lot Larry for the offer to put this together. I really was excited.

Maybe for my 20th year reunion!

Xavier
Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
Bummer Xavier!
Well, you gotta keep those kids fed.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
Xavier, sorry to hear that. Maybe another time.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
Yeah, if you're not going to make it to your reunion @Stanford, just tell me where it's gonna happen. I can register and put on your name tag, exchange some "war" stories with your classmates and inhale some punch! If there's anyone you hated, I'll be sure and camp out at their table.
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades