Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Savory Recordings in Copyright Quagmire  (Read 3037 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Savory Recordings in Copyright Quagmire
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:04:23 AM »
I posted a while back that the jazz recordings of William Savory, which had always been surrounded by mystery and wrapped in hyperbole, had been donated to the National Jazz Museum in Halem. And while these home recorded discs were sourced primarily from live radio programs, the tales of the sound quality of some of these one of a kind recordings of jazz greats seem to be true (according to the folks at the museum).
Now, the question is, will we ever be able to hear the digital transfers that are being made of them.
I've mentioned what a convoluted mess that copyright law has become (IMHO), but here's a good example of why I feel that way.

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/a_trove_of_historic_jazz_recordings_has_found_a_home_in_harlem_but_you_cant/
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades