Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: New photos at Sonicraft  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Teeg

• View Profile
New photos at Sonicraft
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:24:58 AM »
  Steve Puntolillo updated the Gear/Tech Info page at his Sonicraft A2DX website, including some new photos of his amazing machines. Definitely worth a look.

http://www.sonicraft.com/A2DX/a2dx_tech.html

Tj

T.j. Bassi  
    Martin Logan reQuests....Martin Logan Descent x 2....Atma-Sphere MA1 OTL amplification....Krell KPS25s digital front end....VPI Scoutmaster....Studer A80 VU MKII....Ampex 300-2 Tube/SS Playback "Ampexius Maximus"....Ampex MR-70

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: New photos at Sonicraft
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
Very cool Tj!

The dedicated "cleaning machines" and the use of battery power throughout the studio is super interesting.
Thanks for posting this.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »
Wow!
That is the coolest collection of machines I have seen. Are they used for making original recordings as well as transfers? Pity if they are only used to play old tapes...
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Teeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
   I believe the main focus at Sonicraft is tape to digital transfers; I've had the opportunity to observe a few sessions and all were playback and digital capture. Steve is a perfectionist and his lab, as well as the machines, are as clean & tight as they appear in the photographs.

You should see 'Phatzilla' in person....it's one heck of a rig........

Tj
T.j. Bassi  
    Martin Logan reQuests....Martin Logan Descent x 2....Atma-Sphere MA1 OTL amplification....Krell KPS25s digital front end....VPI Scoutmaster....Studer A80 VU MKII....Ampex 300-2 Tube/SS Playback "Ampexius Maximus"....Ampex MR-70