TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: got shipping notice an hour or so ago.......  (Read 13780 times)

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
got shipping notice an hour or so ago.......
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
.....for TP-019, Nojima Plays Liszt. i could have it tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest.

i heard a couple of cuts off this at our local audio club meeting a month ago and was very impressed. this might be a new 'best' based on that listen.

i've been 'jones'ing' for this title ever since it was announced last year. i love the CD, and the Lp.....if you don't have it, is outstanding and essential. great performance, and great recording.

and there is nothing like a full tilt boggie concert grand to challenge a system.

i cannot wait!
Mike Lavigne

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: got shipping notice an hour or so ago.......
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 02:01:39 AM »
Got the notice today too! What a nice surprise.
I've been bogged down with a bunch of "home improvements" and having a new TP tape will be a fantastic break from my DIY efforts.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
i love the CD, and the Lp.....if you don't have it, is outstanding and essential. great performance, and great recording.

That's what we have always thought, and that's why we chose it for The Tape Project. It's a captivating performance.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline kipdent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
...and this means "The Sermon" can't be far behind! :-)

Kip
Kip Peterson
Vintage-centric system with Apogee Acoustics Scintilla ribbon loudspeakers, Micro Seiki RX-5000 turntable and other odd bits of tube and solid state gear. Now a proud owner of a Studer A80 RC Mk II tape machine!

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »
and then on to Series III!
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:46:46 PM »
Mine should arrive today!  I also have the LP - one of RR's best.  Heard a performance of the Lizst Sonata a couple of weeks ago. It is one of the great piano pieces of the repertoire.   Larry 
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »
We experienced shippus interruptus while we were attended Romo's wedding and the California Audio Show, but we are back to shipping this album this week. A big pile is heading out today, with more to ship out over the next few days.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
Got my shipping notice on the 28th of July with delivery for today, August 3rd. Checked the UPS tracking service and discovered the tape was only in Davenport, Iowa. Tracking updated stated: "Adverse Weather Conditions". Tape had only gone from WA state to Iowa in 6 days and now is stuck there. Anyone know what's going on in Iowa?
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
Anyone know what's going on in Iowa?

Even if I did I'm not sure that I would admit to it.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 09:24:59 PM »
Got my shipping notice and should see the tape next week. Just in time to play it on the deck with the new heads Charlie's installing on my Technics this weekend! ;)
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
Anyone know what's going on in Iowa?

Even if I did I'm not sure that I would admit to it.

"I'll be here all week. Try the veal" - Henny Youngman
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors