TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: More on the "other" Tape project  (Read 3219 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
More on the "other" Tape project
« on: July 22, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
Before you get excited, this Tape project only has the name and magnetic tape in common with ours. It's concerned with the archiving of audio/visual tape in Europe and seems to be non-profit.
I posted a link to these guys quite a while ago. The site certainly has matured since then and there's some pretty good stuff there now. I haven't dug too deeply yet but the "links" and  "Tape publications" seems pretty interesting. As far as I can tell, the downloads are free and while some might seem a little "bonehead" to some, many are meant to enable librarians and other folks who have no prior knowledge of magnetic tape, to deal with items in their collections.

Since there seems to be more interest in digitizing tape here, some of these publications may come in handy.
I'll post this link in the "Tape Recorder Links" sticky located above the General Forum.

http://www.tape-online.net/index.html
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades