Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: RMGI?  (Read 6923 times)

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
RMGI?
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »
I just read that RMGI is being sold to Pyral, a French company. This was posted:
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: RMGI?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »
Interesting Neal,

I guess that France is among the stronger economies in the EU. I wonder if that has something to do with it?
Whatever the reason,  we should be happy that they'll still be producing tape!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Just read about this...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »
I just read that RMGI is being sold to Pyral, a French company. This was posted:

on GS.  Apparently, Pyral has an office in Mission Viejo, CA -- hope it's a positive portent.
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline Rally555

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »
Hey Ironbut,

Jesse Anderson here your statement couldn't be more wrong, the news reported this week that out of the small countries of the EU that Holland and Austria are the strongest financially.  You know what they say about the dutch  "God created the world but the dutch made Holland.  LOL

Jesse 

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »
Hey Ironbut,

Jesse Anderson here your statement couldn't be more wrong, the news reported this week that out of the small countries of the EU that Holland and Austria are the strongest financially.  You know what they say about the dutch  "God created the world but the dutch made Holland.  LOL

Jesse

Oops,.. my bad!
I guess I should be glad that someone else is in charge of my 401K!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades