Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Technics Modification  (Read 3833 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Technics Modification
« on: August 11, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
Thanks to Charlie King for the modification. The RS1500 now uses Pro Nortronics narrow gap playback head direct wired out (bypassing the 2/4 track switch) to the tape preamplifier. The new Nojima sounds awesome and really put the stock head to shame :( Bass never knew had. Much better resolution. Far better extension at both extremes. Great dynamics and transparency instead of the sort of murky, forgiving, slight veiled sound of the stock heads.
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Technics Modification
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Very cool Myles.
I should get one of those on my spare headblock and give it a try.
I'm pretty darn happy with the Flux extend response head but I'm alway up for having my world turned upside down.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades