TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: yarlung records?  (Read 14093 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: yarlung records?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »
Steve and Larry - thanks for the comments on these tapes. I hope to soon join you as owners of all four.

Tom
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »
As I mentioned in my review, the Janaki was my favorite from a musical and sonic perspective. It will be interesting to hear Bob's newer recordings that will be done on Arian's Sonorus deck! I posit they will be even better :)
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »
Myles, I finally got a chance to read your PFO (I had to scratch my brain to remember what PFO stood for)  review of the Yarlung tape releases. You did a fine job of describing these tapes as well as some background of Yarlung. I assume the shot of the Technics R2R was yours. It will be interesting to hear what Bob is getting from Arian's SonoruS machine. I heard one of his first PR99's that he did that Philip O'Hanlon had two or three years ago and was very impressed.

Thanks, Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub