Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: yarlung records?  (Read 14080 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: yarlung records?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »
Steve and Larry - thanks for the comments on these tapes. I hope to soon join you as owners of all four.

Tom
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »
As I mentioned in my review, the Janaki was my favorite from a musical and sonic perspective. It will be interesting to hear Bob's newer recordings that will be done on Arian's Sonorus deck! I posit they will be even better :)
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »
Myles, I finally got a chance to read your PFO (I had to scratch my brain to remember what PFO stood for)  review of the Yarlung tape releases. You did a fine job of describing these tapes as well as some background of Yarlung. I assume the shot of the Technics R2R was yours. It will be interesting to hear what Bob is getting from Arian's SonoruS machine. I heard one of his first PR99's that he did that Philip O'Hanlon had two or three years ago and was very impressed.

Thanks, Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub