TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Congrats Paul!  (Read 12971 times)

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Re: Congrats Paul!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »
Is this accomplished in San Francisco?
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »
Here's a YouTube video that Acoustic Sounds made of the production chain for their Cat Stevens release.
Decent sound for a change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uby5-HinbGU&feature=player_embedded
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »
Interesting that...thanks, Steve. :-)
Sam Lucero
SPQCV

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
Actually the lathe is set up in Pacifica, about 15 miles south. Right across the parking lot from RR World Headquarters.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 06:09:44 AM »
After reading about Quality Recordings setup in Stereophile this video is all icing. Thanks Steve, I will send this link to all my analog friends.
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Thanks, Paul!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »
Actually the lathe is set up in Pacifica, about 15 miles south. Right across the parking lot from RR World Headquarters.
Sam Lucero
SPQCV

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »
Just did some listening to the Mobile Fidelity pressing of Alison Krauss and Union Station "So Long So Wrong".
I believe that Paul used the same lathe to do the half speed mastering of this 2 record set.
I can't imagine that vinyl could ever be any more resolving . There aren't the mad dynamics that are needed on a symphonic release but all the nuances  that helps me get lost in this recording are there.
Of course, it doesn't hurt to have a performance which is as finely crafted as the songs on "So Long,.." That's one of the things I love about their records. Just zero rough edges from beginning to end.

steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Red Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »

And I do a little for MoFi too: Dead Can Dance, Stevie Wonder, B-52's, John Lennon, even KC and the Sunshine Band.

How do MoFi LPs compare to the MoFis from 80's?    I have collected quite a bit of selection of MoFi's, especially "Let's Dance" by David Bowie.

Btw. Is the 'Demo' version of MoFi better than regular MoFis?
Hyok (Tony) Kim,  yes, this is my real name.

Btw.  How do you know it's my real name?  Just because I say so?

2 Pioneer RT-2022, 4 Beocord 2000 deluxe, Beomaster 8000, 6000, 5000 (80's version), 4000,    Nikko Alpha III, Grundig RTV Receivers, Beovox  RL140 Speakers.

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:36 PM »

What do you mean by 'Demo' version?
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 07:12:12 PM »
This is probably opening a can of worms you don't want to open and I understand if you don't want to answer this directly, but I will ask anyway.
Now that you have mastered some of Keith's tapes to both the TP format and to vinyl, I am curious as to how you would compare the strengths and weaknesses of each format.  Also, what about the intermediate phase like the running master dupe for the tape vs. a fresh cut lacquer from his master (as opposed to a vinyl pressing). Is his master tape from his analog machine patched into the lathe or is there another intermediate step in that process?
Reason I ask is that I have had a friend with an excellent lathe cut something right off of a safety copy of a tape (15 ips/ 2track) without alteration (real time @45), and that lacquer blows away most pressings I have heard. It pretty much sounds like the tape.
(BTW, I think Doc heard a 16/44.1 CD reduction of one cut from that lacquer that I brought to the show in the bay area recently in the room where he was playing TP tapes with Luke Manley's amps.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:26:11 PM by steveidosound »
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Red Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »

What do you mean by 'Demo' version?

Sorry for the late reply, but I forgot where I had saved information, but while doing the 'house cleaning' today, I found the info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170702368458?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Hyok (Tony) Kim,  yes, this is my real name.

Btw.  How do you know it's my real name?  Just because I say so?

2 Pioneer RT-2022, 4 Beocord 2000 deluxe, Beomaster 8000, 6000, 5000 (80's version), 4000,    Nikko Alpha III, Grundig RTV Receivers, Beovox  RL140 Speakers.