Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Camarata - Kingsway Symphony Orchestra - Johann Strauss - London LON L 75072  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Tim Leggett

• Loud Listener elsewhere....
    • View Profile
Just got this tape today, sealed no less from 1971. It is 4T 7? IPS.

Came in a fairly plain box, with a typed looking simple label.

The tape is a thin black looking stock on a clear large hub 7" Ampex reel.

Pretty amazing clean tape with very low noise, just perfect! The Blue Danube is divine! I do like me some Strauss!

Tim
Tim Leggett
VPI Aries 3 - SDS - Super Platter - Periphery Ring Clamp - Phantom Tonearm,  Ray Samuels XR-10B,  Benz Micro Glider H2 & Ebony 3H, Antique Sound Lab AQ-1001 DT, Vandersteen 2Ce - Triangle Celius 202, Technics RS-1520, Ampex ATR-102

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
He and that orchestra must have been around quite a long time. One of my favorite records as a 3-5 year old kid was  my parents copy of a London FFRR 78 of Leroy Anderson's "Fiddle Faddle" B/W  Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu In C-Sharp Minor, performed by Camarata and the Kingsway Symphony Orchestra.
I found another copy of it a few years ago. Guessing very early 50s for that record.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...