TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Dolby 361 Instruction Manual  (Read 5342 times)

Offline Pinch

• View Profile
Dolby 361 Instruction Manual
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »
I need to resurrect a pair of 361 units. Does anyone have a copy of the instruction manual?
Thanks in advance!

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Dolby 361 Instruction Manual
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:17 AM »
Hi Pinch,
We use our real names here on this forum. Please read the "Forum Rules".

Regarding the 361 manual, it's actually more of a book. You can find them fairly regularly on eBay. I've never seen a place to download any of the Dolby Labs manuals.
If you need to do any serious work on a 361, you'll also need the Dolby Labs NRM Test Set, Cat. No. 35 (includes NRM Tester Cat. No. 35A and Test Extender Cat. No. 35B).

Be aware that many 361's have been modified over the years. A good number of folks have used them to enhance vocal tracks and for other fx. So, alway start by checking that all the connections on and to the Cat. 22 card are in their stock configurations.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jeri

• View Profile
Re: Dolby 361 Instruction Manual
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:57:19 PM »
I've never seen a link for downloading the 361 manual either, but Dolby has a pdf for the 363 manual if anyone is looking for that one.  It used to be easy to find on their website under discontinued products, but it looks like they have revised the website now.  The link to the Dolby 363 manual still works, though, and is:
http://www.dolby.com/uploadedFiles/zz-_Shared_Assets/English_PDFs/Professional/151_363_8.Manual.pdf

As Steve suggests, eBay is a good place to find a 361 manual.  Or you might be able to get a copy direct from Dolby by calling or emailing their tech support.  I found them to be very friendly when I was looking for a power cord for a 361.  They used to supply replacements, but didn't have any more when I called.  The man I spoke with -- can't remember his name -- went out of his way trying to help me.  (Unfortunately I never did find a power cord.)
Jeri