TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Subscriber event at Rocky Mountain  (Read 15300 times)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Subscriber event at Rocky Mountain
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »
Hi Tapeophiles, anyone going to RMAF?

Most of the TP crew will be there, so we decided to have a little subscriber party to socialize and play some of the Series Three titles. We're holding it Saturday evening at 6-7:30PM, right after show hours, in the VTL room. They're in Suite 2030, that's on the second floor of the tower. We'll have some light nosh to hold you over until dinner, and libations of some sort. So come on by, meet the people behind The Tape Project, and bring any questions you've been saving up for us.

Of course you can come by during show hours and hear tapes as well. Piper, our duping artiste, is working for VTL during the show, so she'll be there most of the time, and she'll be happy to spin your requests. Tape should be spinning in a couple of other places too. Philip O'Hanlon's Vivid room on the mezzanine for one. And United Home Audio will be showing off their decks in two rooms: 2000 and 2006. Maybe more.

Hope to see you in Denver!
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Subscriber event at Rocky Mountain
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
I'll have my Bottle/Nagra in the Can-Jam room running TP tape through four different Bottlehead headphone amps.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »
Very cool guys!
I'll see you there.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
Been counting the days since last year:-) 17 days and counting......
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:11:21 PM »
Any idea if Nola will be playing tape? And how about Magico? I am behind on my research with all this building and modding of my 5050. i have to get into show mode and make a list. :-)
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
I don't know if Nola will be playing tape, but the Nola dealer Greg Beron of United Home Audio will be at RMAF and I think he plans to roll tape. Alon Wolf of Magico is working on some last minute plans to roll tape, and if it can come together in time it should be very worthwhile to find their room at the show. Heck, even if they don't roll tape the Magico room is always worth checking out.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 07:46:53 AM »
Perhaps Charles - Stellavox will weigh in here.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
Hey Neal,

If DeHavilland Electronics is providing the amps for the Nola room (which they have for a while) you can contact Kara to find out if she's bringing her Ampex 351 to Denver.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Nick Doshi and Larry Marcus will have a tape deck along with Nick's new tape preamp. Know Charlie and Rich will be somewhere also rolling tape and bringing along another brand new tape preamp. Not sure if they'll be there but Dan Meinwald usually brings one of Tim de P decks and so does TAD. Also Bruce Brown will have a tape deck there in the Blue Light audio room (definitely a must hear room for tape heads as Bruce always has some tasty tunes rolling!).
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
Dan Meinwald usually brings one of Tim de P decks and so does TAD.

The TAD deck is one that I modified for Andrew Jones, and it uses a Bottlehead Tube Repro.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
Dan Meinwald usually doesn't bring the tape deck to Rocky Mountain. He usually brings it to CES, because that's close enough to drive his equipment, but for Denver he has to ship it, so he trims the load a bit.
Paul Stubblebine

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 05:11:36 PM »
Dan Meinwald usually doesn't bring the tape deck to Rocky Mountain. He usually brings it to CES, because that's close enough to drive his equipment, but for Denver he has to ship it, so he trims the load a bit.

Yep, sorry. Reread my post and see how it could be misundertood :)

But it's amazing to see just how many tape decks are now being used at audio shows. Just like the old days! More people should hear 15 ips tape and they'd never listen to digital again!!!
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »

Yep, sorry. Reread my post and see how it could be misundertood :)

But it's amazing to see just how many tape decks are now being used at audio shows. Just like the old days! More people should hear 15 ips tape and they'd never listen to digital again!!!

I also think that Albert von Schweikert might have a tape deck in his room. He has at the last couple of show.
Myles B. Astor

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
Greg Beron, as mentioned above, will be rolling tape (update: Room 2000 only) and that's with Von Schweikert, as well as Jolida electronics and Celtic Silver cables.
Paul Stubblebine

Offline stellavox

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »