TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: AES New York Oct 20-23  (Read 4673 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
AES New York Oct 20-23
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »
Hey,.. I realize that the date is pretty far in the future but if you guys are anything like me, the fall is usually pretty hectic.
So, for you guys on the right coast, you should really try and make it to the AES Convention and check out some of the seminars, workshops etc.
If you've been a regular reader of my ramblings, you may recall that I positively raved about the panel that Romo chaired last year. Well it looks like they're doing it again (and why not!). Actually, I believe the first of these mastering panels was at the 2009 NY AES Convention.

Here's the link to the workshop. While you're there, spend a little time and check out all the other great stuff you can attend.
http://www.aes.org/events/131/workshops/?ID=2876

It looks like there's a ton of workshops and seminars on ear training and that just happens to be what I've been concentrating on this year. I sure wish I had the funds to make it but I hope that some of you guys will.

I'll be sure and bump this thread when as the date gets closer.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: AES New York Oct 20-23
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 01:24:17 AM »
Another interesting seminar that's happening at the end of the conference is " American Classical Recording, 1 Mic to 24 tracks". It'll be on Sunday from 2-4pm.

The presenter is Tom Fine with whom it's been my pleasure to have exchanged emails from time to time.
Aside from being a definitive source of info regarding the work of his parents, Wilma Cozart and Robert Fine, his knowledge of the world of classical recording worldwide is vast!
He never ceases to amaze me on the depth of his knowledge regarding the who, whats and wheres of recordings, the practices of specific labels and the engineers they employed, and stories generated by recording dates.
Needless to say, I recommend pacing yourself on Sunday and attending his presentation. It promises to be most entertaining.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: AES New York Oct 20-23
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:51:54 PM »
Here's a little reminder (bump) that the AES Convention started today.
You're probably already there Michael so have fun.
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades