Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: 20/24track Masters Downloads  (Read 4620 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
20/24track Masters Downloads
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
I know several of our members here are using some pretty sophisticated digital audio software for transfers etc. For the most part, the stuff they're using it for just barely scratches the surface of what these DAW's are capable of.
If you've ever wanted to have a large multi track project to play with (just like the big kids), this may be just for you.

If you've kept your "ear to the ground", you may have heard of multi track digital masters floating around the internet. The sources of most of these files are questionable at best and but interesting none the less.
Well, here's a couple who the artists have made available for anyone to download and try their hand at coming up with an original mix, use tasty bits as samples for your own creations or whatever the heck you want.

The year was 1981 .David Byrne and The Talking Heads were at the top of their game (IMHO). "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" was released from co-creators Byrne  and Brian Eno and while it's form/construction may not have been as ground breaking as some folks seem to think, it's acceptance by the general public and the popular media was.

So, enough of my mindless ramblings. Here's a link to download the 20 track master of "My Secret Life" and the 24 track of "Help Me Somebody". All free with the blessings of Byrne and Eno.

http://bush-of-ghosts.com/remix/bush_of_ghosts.htm

I suggest you choose the "download all" (once you've chosen the song you want) and after opening the zip file, select all the files and drag/drop it in your DAW.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:36:03 AM by ironbut »
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Re: 20/24track Masters Downloads
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »
Thanks for the info Steve!

I'll definitely play with these.
Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »
A great way to explore this is to "solo" each track to hear what's going on in each one.
On "Help Me Somebody", place your cursor around 2 minute in where all the tracks have sound, then just for fun, start with track 24 and solo each track going down(leaving the previous track soloed). Most of the rhythm is on the beginning tracks so as you add tracks from the end, you're adding the accents together without a beat to glue them together.
Then, start from the beginning and do the same thing. You can start to hear what the thought process was as you piece the whole thing together.
Fun, fun fun!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mithamo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 01:25:24 AM »
thanks steve let me try it out man!
Mithamo says Hi.