TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Greening the Revox G36 Article  (Read 7785 times)

Offline m.jolliffe

• View Profile
Greening the Revox G36 Article
« on: November 11, 2011, 12:47:01 PM »
Hi, I have just been on a long hunt for Glass Audio magazine zero 01, specifically Charles King's article 'Greening the Revox G36', and the follow-up sometime later. The article is mentioned all over the place in thread with reference to modifying these machines, but it seems impossible to find a direct link to some form of the articles which may be pasted or downloaded. Is it the case that one may only by luck obtain detail from a copy of the magazine itself. I realise that there is a thread on Tape Project Forum already in which Charles King himself offers an email contact to another subscriber offering to post out copies - but I somehow feel it would be too much to assume that I may get in touch in this way without invite myself. Is there anyone who may help? Thanks in advance for any response or advice.

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
Re: Greening the Revox G36 Article
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:13:27 AM »
Charles is very easy to approach. If he posted an email link in a thread it was for anyone who needs to contact him. He would have instant messaged this info if he wanted it kept secret.
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
Somewhere(?) I have a copy of this article but I'll be damned if I can find it!
I downloaded it a long time ago (the browser was AltaVista IIRC) but I haven't been able to find the link.

If you contact Charles, tell him to post a pdf over on the Yahoo Reel to Reel group so we'll know where to find it.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline stellavox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »
Oh Hi!!!

Just back from a fun, Saturday get-together with the NNETG (Northern New England Tube Group).

I'll look for a copy of my article - and ask the new owners of AudioXpress if it's OK that I post it.  There was also a followup from me and great response from a fellow in Germany (can't remember his name at the moment,  but he added some very useful info).  Will try to find and post all of it

Charles

Offline stellavox

• View Profile
Just Scanned the G36 Articles
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:52:49 AM »
Including the original (Glass Audio 0/88); my addition (Glass Audio 1/92), and some wonderful, further comments and suggestions by Jukka Tolonen (Glass Audio 3/95)

Email me for a file:  [email protected]

Charles

Offline robgil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:26:04 AM »
Hi Charles, you don't still have this article do you?

Rob.

Offline stellavox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »
Email me - address in above posting