TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: NAB Hubs for the T-Audio  (Read 6255 times)

Offline hafrse

• Hani George Freiwat
    • View Profile
NAB Hubs for the T-Audio
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
Hi,

Was going to bid on T-Audio NAB hubs and a meter bridge on eBay  but it seems that the prices  ended up little too high (?) , 2600 USD for the hubs and 6789 USD for the meter bridge,  I am new to the Nagra T-Audio but is this the price to be paid for these accessories  ?
Is there any special with these items ?
Links to the listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nagra-T-Audio-TC-Kudelski-original-NAB-hubs-3-them-/270846562298?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Telephony_SM&hash=item3f0fb68ffa
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nagra-T-Audio-TC-Kudelski-TA-TC-time-code-pilot-sync-meter-bridge-TACO-D2RS-/270846556564?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Telephony_SM&hash=item3f0fb67994

Thanks
Hani George Freiwat

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
Re: NAB Hubs for the T-Audio
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Hi Hani:

It's a basic supply and demand situation - not to mention Doc B's stellar demo of the TP tapes at the major audio shows using his Nagra T having boosted interest level for the machine, IMHO.

The CINE adapters for the T used to sell for around $400 a pair but the last one sold for more.  The metal NAB hubs used to sell for around $800 if my memory serves me right.  The meterbridges went for around $1,500 but that was more than a year ago - a long time in the scale of tape time. ;-)

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »
For Sale: Doc B.'s personal Nagra T Audio.
Yup, that's right , the one that started the entire movement. As you can see prices are rising at an astronomical rate. Grab this beauty now for the bargain price of $150,000, before ebay auctions drive the prices even higher...
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
Is that available as a kit?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »
WOW! I'll have to re-mortgage the house, but it will be worth it. Well only if it comes as seen and used at RMAF. With rack and Tube Repro. SWEET!!!!!!
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline hafrse

• Hani George Freiwat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »
Hi Hani:

It's a basic supply and demand situation - not to mention Doc B's stellar demo of the TP tapes at the major audio shows using his Nagra T having boosted interest level for the machine, IMHO.

The CINE adapters for the T used to sell for around $400 a pair but the last one sold for more.  The metal NAB hubs used to sell for around $800 if my memory serves me right.  The meterbridges went for around $1,500 but that was more than a year ago - a long time in the scale of tape time. ;-)

Ki
Hi Ki,

Thanks for the information,  I aquired the T-audio f?r less than the price of the NAB hubs! I have bought revox alu NAB hubs for 140 USD and they worked great for me.
Hani-George
Hani George Freiwat