Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: NAB Hubs for the T-Audio  (Read 6264 times)

Offline hafrse

• Hani George Freiwat
    • View Profile
NAB Hubs for the T-Audio
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
Hi,

Was going to bid on T-Audio NAB hubs and a meter bridge on eBay  but it seems that the prices  ended up little too high (?) , 2600 USD for the hubs and 6789 USD for the meter bridge,  I am new to the Nagra T-Audio but is this the price to be paid for these accessories  ?
Is there any special with these items ?
Links to the listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nagra-T-Audio-TC-Kudelski-original-NAB-hubs-3-them-/270846562298?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Telephony_SM&hash=item3f0fb68ffa
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nagra-T-Audio-TC-Kudelski-TA-TC-time-code-pilot-sync-meter-bridge-TACO-D2RS-/270846556564?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Telephony_SM&hash=item3f0fb67994

Thanks
Hani George Freiwat

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
Re: NAB Hubs for the T-Audio
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Hi Hani:

It's a basic supply and demand situation - not to mention Doc B's stellar demo of the TP tapes at the major audio shows using his Nagra T having boosted interest level for the machine, IMHO.

The CINE adapters for the T used to sell for around $400 a pair but the last one sold for more.  The metal NAB hubs used to sell for around $800 if my memory serves me right.  The meterbridges went for around $1,500 but that was more than a year ago - a long time in the scale of tape time. ;-)

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »
For Sale: Doc B.'s personal Nagra T Audio.
Yup, that's right , the one that started the entire movement. As you can see prices are rising at an astronomical rate. Grab this beauty now for the bargain price of $150,000, before ebay auctions drive the prices even higher...
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
Is that available as a kit?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »
WOW! I'll have to re-mortgage the house, but it will be worth it. Well only if it comes as seen and used at RMAF. With rack and Tube Repro. SWEET!!!!!!
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline hafrse

• Hani George Freiwat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »
Hi Hani:

It's a basic supply and demand situation - not to mention Doc B's stellar demo of the TP tapes at the major audio shows using his Nagra T having boosted interest level for the machine, IMHO.

The CINE adapters for the T used to sell for around $400 a pair but the last one sold for more.  The metal NAB hubs used to sell for around $800 if my memory serves me right.  The meterbridges went for around $1,500 but that was more than a year ago - a long time in the scale of tape time. ;-)

Ki
Hi Ki,

Thanks for the information,  I aquired the T-audio f?r less than the price of the NAB hubs! I have bought revox alu NAB hubs for 140 USD and they worked great for me.
Hani-George
Hani George Freiwat