Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Testing Instruments  (Read 13772 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Testing Instruments
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »
Hey Bob, I don't know if you get over to the Tape Trail forum on Audio Asylum, but here's some ideas for you cart,
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/tape/messages/1/10109.html
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »
Dear Steve,

Thanks a lot. I now have the time to go there now.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »
Hello again Steve,

Thank you again for that great info and web site referral. I went there and found a stand on page 9 that looked like something I could use until I read it had plastic legs. However, it does have rollers. What I am going to do is draw up a plan regarding how I want it to look and have an advance student at one of the local tech schools do it. I believe that person will do a great job and it will now cost me an arm and leg. Plus, I want the stand to hold my Tascam 32B and Otari 5050. I also want this stand to have shelves that will hold a certain amount of 7 and 10 inch tapes. Of course I intend to have large rollers for easy moving around. Thanks again.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.