Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Stubb-U-Sonic  (Read 3851 times)

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Stubb-U-Sonic
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »
Hello Paul,

Can you illuminate us with any details on the hardware you use in the "Stubb-U-Sonic" mastering chain?  I am particularly curious about the equalization hardware you may employ to contour the final TP release.  Thank you for your consideration.
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stubb-U-Sonic
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:11:39 AM »
Hi Sam,

The signal chain may well be different for different source tapes--whatever it needs and no more, that's my philosophy.

In those cases where frequency response shaping is needed, I have used the E.A.R. 822 and 823 EQ's, and maybe the E.A.R. 825.

Whatever I choose to use in a given case, it is all direct connected, no patch bays. I don't run the signal through a console (though I have one,) not even a master fader, and anything not in use on a given song is not merely put in bypass mode, it is not even in the chain.

The Stubb-U-Sonic process is less about specific gear, and more about attitude and approach.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Re: Stubb-U-Sonic
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »
Good evening, Paul.

Please accept my appreciation for your informative reply.
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)