Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: I changed the side panels of my RS-1500 to alder..  (Read 6137 times)

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
I changed the side panels of my RS-1500 to alder..
« on: October 20, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »
to match the rest of my system. I like them very much. In the same classy league as our Tape Project tape boxes:

[img width= height=]http://www.geocities.com/xcortes/img_9773a.jpg[/img]

Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: I changed the side panels of my RS-1500 to alder..
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 07:45:52 PM »
Looks nice! Alder is really nice to work with. It really accepts all kinds of stains ( after wood conditioner ) nicely. I used to do a lot of kitchens/libraries with cherry and mahogany. I sure am glad that went out of fashion. Still do lots of maple but thats like an blank page. Is that a Garrard 301 I see there? How do you like it?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Re: I changed the side panels of my RS-1500 to alder..
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 08:01:06 AM »
it's indeed a garrard 301 that i bought nos two years ago. how do i like it? i don't think i'll ever shop for another turntable!
Xavier Cortes