Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: 2012 All Analog Album  (Read 10826 times)

Offline CanoeShop

• View Profile
    • Now The Morning
Re: 2012 All Analog Album
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 11:45:41 PM »
I'm sure no one is following this story anymore, but I felt I owed this community an apology for dropping the ball on this project. The creative partnerships that spawned the idea for this album have altered to such a degree that it is unlikely this particular project will see completion as it stands. Life has invited us to move in different directions, and prioritize different things. While collaboration in some capacity may continue, it will likely look very different than when the tape album was conceived. There never was the same level of investment from all parties in tape as a medium and/or process anyway.

That said, I still am in possession of the equipment itself, and am setting the intention to either use it myself or put it in the hands of someone who will. I am currently exploring the option of personally recording and issuing an album on tape - when all else fails, do it yourself, no? I am gathering material (songs, that is) and will likely put some feelers out to local musicians to provide accompaniment. At this point, of course, I am reluctant to promise anything - I have had... less than ideal follow through on certain projects in my life and am seeking to strike a new balance with that side of my personality. I apologize profusely for not following through in this particular instance. Perhaps in the wreckage of all of this, there is a different album waiting to be born - I'll keep you all posted. Thank you all for your understanding.

most humbly,
nicholas barr
Nick Barr
Artist, father, husband.

Otari MX5050>Bottlehead S.E.X. amp>DIY Voigt Pipes