Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: First Jazz Record  (Read 2946 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
First Jazz Record
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: First Jazz Record
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
Thanks for the link Steve!
I think it would have still been acoustic recording at that point. The clips sound like it. A small, loud combo like that was probably one of the better things to record at that point because all the horns at least came through clearly and the clarinet very much so.
Sounds as if there might have been a bass horn as well as the trumpet and trombone.
Piano is just barely there, but probably better than those early blues recordings trying to capture an acoustic guitar.
I remember that peculiar early "Jass" spelling. I actually think I might have a recording by them - unless that was common to the early era. I do have a few 78s that go back that far.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...