Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Groove Note Titles Anyone?  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Tim Leggett

• Loud Listener elsewhere....
    • View Profile
Groove Note Titles Anyone?
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
Most of the Groove Note titles recorded for Groove Note Records were done at Ocean Way Recording by Micheal Ross using some really nice microphones. My understanding is these titles were recorded to analog tape, but I cannot find any confirmation of this. I did hear they were mixed and mastered simultaneously to analog and DSD, and one title live to 45 RPM phonograph lacquers as well. These are some of my favorite reference LPs, ones I use to gauge changes in my system when I introduce something new. They have amazing dynamics.

Anyway I would like to suggest as possible Tape Project releases the following, provided they meet the project criteria. I do know the music moves me:
  • Jacintha - The Girl From Bossa Nova
  • The Bill Cunliffe Trio - Live At Bernie's (All the songs from the SACD if possible)
  • Jacintha - Lush Life

Thanks
Tim Leggett
VPI Aries 3 - SDS - Super Platter - Periphery Ring Clamp - Phantom Tonearm,  Ray Samuels XR-10B,  Benz Micro Glider H2 & Ebony 3H, Antique Sound Lab AQ-1001 DT, Vandersteen 2Ce - Triangle Celius 202, Technics RS-1520, Ampex ATR-102