Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Some "later" rock - The Cars 1st ?  (Read 7727 times)

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Some "later" rock - The Cars 1st ?
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »
What about The Cars self titled debut album?
Just listened to this through again. Great recording and songs IMHO.
The album is solid end to end. Almost all songs got some airplay back in the day (some still do) and it is almost certainly old enough to be an analog master. A classic of the "new wave" era. 
Police or Talking Heads could also be in the hunt for something from this era.
Short of getting Dark Side of the Moon or some other absolutely monster, post 60s rock album, any of this would be good and not represented in the Tape Project catalog as of yet.
What other ideas do people have that fit this mold?
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
Re: Some "later" rock - The Cars 1st ?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
Steve, even on you Bose system The Cars sound good? Or did you mean in your car? LOL!

ok ON A SERIOUS NOTE:  Joe Jackson - Look Sharp (1979) and Dire Straits - self titled (1978) Both great to let spin all the way through.
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Some "later" rock - The Cars 1st ?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
Steve, even on you Bose system The Cars sound good? Or did you mean in your car? LOL!

ok ON A SERIOUS NOTE:  Joe Jackson - Look Sharp (1979) and Dire Straits - self titled (1978) Both great to let spin all the way through.

Even I have some principles and limits. If you dig far enough back on this forum, I stated once what at least some of my equipment was :-)
 Definitely  _NOT_  (no highs, no lows - it must be) Bose, even in my car, where the CD made from vinyl sounds...OK
I transferred the entire 1st album + the greatest hits album, less the 3 songs on it from the 1st album.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:54:11 PM by steveidosound »
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...