TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Tape path mod kit backlog  (Read 5343 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Tape path mod kit backlog
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »
To those of you who have been waiting, we have finally received the back ordered parts we were waiting for. We're working on packing those up today and they should be shipping out tomorrow.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline uraldurusu

• View Profile
Re: Tape path mod kit backlog
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:55 AM »
I've seen this tape path upgrade kit maybe 2-3 years ago while looking at the pictures in the tape project web site, especially the bearings and the ceramic flanges were impressed me . When I have asked if I can buy at that time I was informed that they are only available for tape project members machines. Those days I had also problem with the textile breakpads and solved this problem replacing the textile breakpads with leather ones adjusted the tension with a spring scale according to the service manual and somebody from bottlehead told me leather pads can be useful. Up to now I am happy with the breaks.

In June I saw that the upgrade kit is on sale and on 18.June.2012 I have ordered a tape path upgrade kit for my Technics RS1500. I am still waiting for the shipment. I also sent an email and asked a question about shipping (I am living in Turkey and want to know how to pay the shipping cost) but they didnot reply me up to now.

Best regards
Ural Durusu
Technics RS1500, Nakamichi DRAGON, Nakamichi CR7, Nakamichi DR10, AKAI GX-75MKII, AKAI GX32, Technics SL1210MK5 x 2, DENON DNX900, Yamaha AX496, Bose 401

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
Hi Ural,

We realized yesterday that somehow your order was missed that last time we packed those kits. I am very sorry! I packed up the parts last night before leaving the office and they will ship out today. Once again, my apologies for missing the order. Eileen planned to send you an apology and let you know we were taking care of you when she got into the office this morning. Better yet, we will send a tracking number as well!

Dan
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline uraldurusu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »
Thank you Dan.

Regards.
Ural
Technics RS1500, Nakamichi DRAGON, Nakamichi CR7, Nakamichi DR10, AKAI GX-75MKII, AKAI GX32, Technics SL1210MK5 x 2, DENON DNX900, Yamaha AX496, Bose 401