Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Otari MTR-10 schematics, where to get them?  (Read 22391 times)

Offline Reedblack

• View Profile
Re: Otari MTR-10 schematics, where to get them?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
Gkar, I have an MTR12 (1/2" 4-track headstack) and would LOVE a copy of your manual/schematics. Can you email them to me?

Thanks so much.

Reed

Offline Gkar

• Randy Warren
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »
Reed, emailed you.  I think the file is too large to email, any suggestions?
"Music possesses far richer means of expression, and it is a more subtle medium in which to translate the thousand shifting moments in the mood of a soul." - Tchaikovsky

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 02:03:36 PM »
Hey Randy,

If you wish to share large files, it's best to get a free account at one of the file sharing sites like Mediafire (there's a ton out there now). You can upload the files (pictures, music or text) then copy and paste the "sharing link" to emails, forums, just about anywhere you like.
It's well worth having one of these accounts (I think I have about 4 each one dedicated to different media types so I don't get confused).
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline zosolespaul

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
HI
 Any way to get a copy of that schematic (MTR10) VIA YOUSENDIT.COM?
Would be so great!
thanks,
jimi

Offline Reedblack

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 07:24:36 AM »
Hi Gkar -- we spoke offline a bit, and I suggested YouSendIt.com, but I forgot to mention that YouSendIt.com also has a section where you can upload files, then have a link to share here for everyone interested in the schematics. Or you could use MediaFire or whatever suits your tastes. Sounds like a lot of us could use them! Thanks!

Offline mdainsd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »
Yes, if one or both of you could email them it would be great.

mdainsd "at" yahoo "dot" com.

Thanks.
mark allen

Tascam ATR 80 24 track > Mackie 32.8.2 console > Otari MTR-10 (backup: Otari MX5050 MkI)

Offline Dark_Energy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »
Bump

I have the MTR-10 II C machine.  I downloaded the manual from the berklee music school site.  Not sure if it applies to the (II) model which I have or not.  Regardless it does not include any schematics :-(.  If someone here has a manual (pdf) and/or the schematics for this machine (mark or gkar perhaps??) could you give me a shout?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline marklang

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »
Otari apparently made small changes over many different releases of the MTR-10/12, e.g.  A,.. J and finally the II model.   These are mostly minor changes in the electronic circuits.  I don't think it will be much of a problem to use any generation of the manual.   The schematics I have are for the N generation of the original (not II) version.   If you give me an email, I can send them directly to you.   The file is about 50 MB.  Good copies of the narrative portions of the manual are available on the analogrules site and well as others.