Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Linked Events

• Bottlehead and Blumenstein, March 31st: March 31, 2012

Author Topic: Bottlehead and Blumenstein Ultra-Fi  (Read 5687 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Bottlehead and Blumenstein Ultra-Fi
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
After years of searching we have found a speaker we think is a truly great match to Bottlehead amps. Clark Blumenstein has been developing and refining his handcrafted Orca monitors and subwoofers for a few years now and the recently released iteration is a wonderful mate to S.E.X., Stereomour and Paramount.

www.blumenstein-ultra-fi.com

Clark, Molly, Queen Eileen and I would love to show you how well they work together and thus we are having a get together at Bottleheadquarters on Bainbridge Island on Saturday, March 31st, from 4 to 7 p.m. Please come by and have a listen, perhaps enjoy an adult beverage and savor a bit of nosh. We'll spin some of our favorite vinyl and of course we will roll a few Tape Project albums on our world renowned BottleNagra custom tape machine.

Bottleheadquarters is at
9415 Coppertop Loop NE, Suite 101
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.

206-451-4275

Doc B.

an RSVP to [email protected] is appreciated, but not required
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Bottlehead and Blumenstein Ultra-Fi
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
I wish I could have come up for this and hear the Blumenstein/Bottlehead set ups.
It should be a great time for all.

On another note, I didn't want to water down the thread regarding Dan's Nagra but I'd like to say that that's what a troubleshooting thread should look like! Even though I don't own a model "T", the thought processes and logic was clear and concise and that's always been the key to chasing down those pesky problems.

Well, have fun you guys.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline bobbeanbags

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 01:07:34 PM »
I wish I could be there to hear your system again.  Last week when I heard your system I came home with "tape fever"!  Wow, awesome sound!

Are you gonna rock out with the "tode"?

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
We are having a Head Fi meet at Bottleheadquarters today from 2-6. Clark will be bringing an Orca/BUF sub speaker set up configured as a near field system, the idea being it could make a great stepping off point from headphones to speakers. Natch we will roll tape through it. I have a copy of the upcoming Creedence Clearwater Revival album and part of the Lee Morgan album to audition.

At 7 Clark will be demoing some new speakers based upon the Line Magnetics 755EX field coil drivers. We will have these set up in the main listening room, running tape and vinyl through our newest iteration of our 300B preamp prototype with a new attenuator design and improved filament supply regulation, and a pair of our top line Paramount 300B amps.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project