Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: the first album!  (Read 12601 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
the first album!
« on: November 09, 2007, 09:35:04 PM »
Here's some images of the very first album to leave the Tape Shed -

Here's a pic of the cool reel with our custom cutouts, Tape Project logo silkscreen, and custom CNC engraved catalog number and serial number, along with the pigmented ink on double sided clay coated paper "giclee" cover art sheet.

Here's an image of the slipcover and the two reel boxes. Note the sexy cutout that lets the logo from the reel box show through, and the custom printed gold foil spine labels, one with a thumbnail image of the cover for easy identification on the media shelf, and one with the catalog and serial numbers. Imagine ten of these babies lined up in your listening room...

Here's a detail shot of the engraving and the backside of the cover art. The leather grain texture and gold foil embossing of the paper on the boxes is quite elegant. I'm afraid this image doesn't do justice to the engraving. I will post a higher res image when I get a chance.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline classicrecordings

• View Profile
    • Classic Recordings
Re: the first album!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 10:22:41 PM »
Congratulations on your first born ;-))

That really is a beautiful presentation! A great job!!

David
David Stangret
HK Citation 1 Pre-amp, Thorens TD-124, Ortofon 309S arm, SPU cartridges, mono block tube amps, Ars Acoustica LaDiva speakers, and I'm still trying to decide what machine to go with.
http://www.classicrecordings.ca

Offline AZ_Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:25:35 PM »
Wow! Can't wait to start receiving my tapes.

Gary
Gary Marklund
Sun City, AZ - USA

Offline mitropulos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 01:27:38 AM »
Hi,

nice to see and hopefully hearing soon the long awaited first tape looking great.

mitropulos from Germany

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:28:52 AM »
Just fantastic! From looks of it, the presentation should raise the bar of any audio release yet! Congratulations. You deserve to be very proud of what you guys have pulled off in what really was a short time.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:53:13 AM »
I can't help thinking how I felt when I was blessed to find the "Tape Project" web site. Actually, there was a short note in the "Absolute Sound" magazine that guided me to you. Needless to say, you all have done a monumental job from beginning to present. It's astounding what can happen when people with a great idea put their heads together. You all are front runners in this day and time and what's more inportant, you are risk takers. You were bold enought to put your money on a project that could only be developed and carried through by "master minds". Thank you so much.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 09:12:16 AM »
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Xavier Cortes