Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Mono playback  (Read 27978 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Mono playback
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Um,.. don't be surprised if you hear a loud "Thum-thum-thum" from overhead and a big bag crushes the old pickup tonight.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »
Don't change your plans just yet, Mike. Your album did indeed go out today, I just checked the shipping log. The first few serial numbers are ours, so we shipped numbers out past serial #20 today. Some guy named Koto was in that shipment too.

thanks Doc, i'll be ready if it arrives today.
Mike Lavigne

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »
TP-010 arrived. packaging, box, art work.....everything looks first class...as always.

i have some fresh Alaska Salmon on the barbie; as soon as dinner is over it will be out to the room for a listen.

i'll open a new thread for first listening impressions.....great start to the evening....
Mike Lavigne

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »
Thanks Mike,

The cover art was kind of a challenge on this one. I scanned the cover of an early (original?) issue LP. You may note that the color and contrast are rather different than the kind of washed out gray-blacks with aqua background you see on the CD artwork. I could push one of the auto level/color/etc. buttons in Photoshop and get the same result, but my cover is a closer representation to how the original cover that we borrowed looked, and I think it has a richer feel to it. The back cover of the original is pretty forgettable, but I tried to be as true as possible to the original layout while incorporating our credits.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project