Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Joni Mitchell "Blue"  (Read 6691 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Joni Mitchell "Blue"
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »
Well Bob got me goin' on female folkies. So here's one of my all time favorites. Yeah, I know it's a bit dated and the Rhino/Hoffman vinyl was recently released ( I have a copy of it sitting right next to me now) and it's nice. But the TP tapes are really something to behold when things get really simple. Joni's voice and piano or dulcimer. It is so intimate that you want to share the moment but you don't because your afraid that it'll break the spell. And the words she wrote; "you are in my blood like holy wine, You taste so bitter and so sweet, I could drink a case of you, and I would still be on my feet, I would still be on my feet". And California, Cary,.. Maybe it's just me but I just have to see a line or two and the whole song unfolds. Give this one a try. " I am on a lonely road and I am traveling, traveling, traveling". When this vinyl release got held up ( what was it, seems like 8 years?) it just about broke my heart. As you can easily tell, this album's a real sentimental favorite.
It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Re: Joni Mitchell "Blue"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:08:45 AM »
I would second the choice of "Blue." Mitchell, Baez and Judy Collins were the only folk artists that I would buy every album they recorded as they were coming out in the '60's. Mitchell was the female poet/songwriter of my generation. "Blue" was a Harry Pearson Super Disc in The Absolute Sound. The new reissue is very fine - I think better than my original issue.
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
Re: Joni Mitchell "Blue"
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:18:48 AM »
Steve, you could have easily be a reviewer/writer for the Absolute Sound audio magazine. Your desctiption of these singers, especially Ms. Mitchell is captivating. I agree with what you say here. Thanks for the reminder.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.