Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: At last, another album is shipping!  (Read 11153 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
At last, another album is shipping!
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »
We have had a record year in 2012 at Bottlehead, up 25% from our previous best year ever. That was a feat that required not only a lot of production, sales and shipping but also a pretty time consuming revision and refinement of Bottlehead's business structure. Consequently it has really been tough for Eileen and I to fit in all of the obligations we have committed to, including our commitment to the Tape Project. At long last I have finished engraving, assembling, packaging, printing, etc. - all the stuff that has to get done after the tapes are duped -  the first half of the orders for this album. Eileen is packing and shipping the first batch out today. The rest should follow over the next week. Thanks for your patience, I think you will dig this one.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: At last, another album is shipping!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »
Woo Hoo!

Just got a Quantum View notice from UPS!
At least it's warmed up a little here so I won't have to wear my heavy overcoat as I sit by the curb!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:56:20 AM »
Hi,

Received my notice as well -- looking forward to hearing it!
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
Woo Hoo!

Just got a Quantum View notice from UPS!
At least it's warmed up a little here so I won't have to wear my heavy overcoat as I sit by the curb!

+1
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
I still haven't heard the good news on this one.....what should be the expectation at this stage?

Tom
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 12:41:39 AM »
Tom, we hit a snag on this one. Some of the A-sides had a problem that slipped through our QC net and got shipped out. We stopped shipping until it could get worked out. We are close to a solution and everyone will have their tapes pretty soon.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 06:17:47 PM »
Thanks, Paul.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline Asamel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
Any updates on shipping this title?

Bruce in PA

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
When the above mentioned A sides are complete we will be shipping again. Our team of scientists is getting the duping electronics dialed in after its move to the new atelier and as soon as it passes Dr. Knobs' QA those A sides will be the first items produced.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project