Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Current state of affairs  (Read 11909 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Current state of affairs
« on: April 04, 2013, 01:01:12 PM »
Although it seems to be very quiet regarding the Tape Project, we have actually been very busy. Several issues have come about over the past year that indicated we needed to grow to keep up with what we have taken on with this label. We three principals have been conferencing often and making quite a few changes in the past couple of months.

One change is that we have moved our duplicating setup to a new facility. The equipment was moved at the end of last month and is now in the process of being set up, with the plan to have production back up in the next couple of weeks. We will start by completing the subscriber orders for Willy and the Poor Boys. Then we will do another catch up run of earlier titles and then on to The Sidewinder.

We are also working to move our packaging, shipping and customer service to a new facility, as we are running out of room at Bottleheadquarters. Once we are able to find a suitable location we should be able to improve delivery time of albums by a large margin.

We have quite a few other interesting things cooking, that I will share as things develop a little further.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Current state of affairs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
Thanks for the update!
I noticed you mentioned a "new duplicating set up" in an earlier post but resisted asking for details.
Figured you'd fill us in when you could.

As always, anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »
I hasten to add that the duping facility is still in-house, and we still have complete control over the quality of our product. We just moved it to a different address for efficiency reasons.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:04:32 AM »
We wouldn't expect (accept?) something else would we?. Seriously guys, keep up with the good job!
Xavier Cortes

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
This is welcome news.

I will be inputting a change of address soon.....I wonder if Willie and the Poor Boys will ship first?
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »
I got Flirting with Twilight, then Willie ...   Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
I haven't seen Willie and the Poorboys yet....moving from Menlo Park to Burlingame in a few weeks.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »
Willy and the Poor Boys is in mid-production, and more should be shipping soon.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »
The Tapeshed  is up and running at the new location, and the first thing we're doing is finishing up Willy And The Poor Boys. I believe all the flanges and packaging are ready, so the shipping gnomes should be sending them out as soon as we can get the dupes up to them.

Then, much like The Dude, you will all have some nice Creedence tapes.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
Got a shipment notice!
Xavier Cortes

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
Got an email today from Eileen saying that the corrected TP-022 "Willie" Side A's are ready and to send back the one's we received. TP is paying for all the shipping.   Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
Eileen and I put in a long day yesterday getting a good sized batch of TP-022 albums packaged and queued up to ship Monday, one stack of which is pictured below. And yes, just the A reel of the first few TP-022s that went out a few weeks ago were shipped by accident - they were duped from a different running master than had been intended. The owners have been contacted and all of those are being replaced upon their return.

We have just one more batch of TP-022 albums to package and ship, and then we will be moving right into shipping TP-023, Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder. Meanwhile the duping room will be working on duping some "catch up" orders for earlier releases.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:21:03 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »
Mmm,..
Can't wait to get my hands on "The Sidewinder"!
Not that "Willie,.." isn't fantastic but after hearing a bit of the Lee Morgan at Rocky Mountain, I've dying to get it on my machine!
Okay, maybe the Oliver Nelson is close. Or "Work Song". Or maybe I'm more anxious to hear the whole Nat Cole,..
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
Two big stacks of TP-022 went out yesterday and we got another stack of TP-022 assembled and packaged yesterday afternoon. We need just a few more tapes from the Tapeshed and we should be all caught up and ready to roll into TP-023.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
That next stack of TP-022s is ready to be picked up by the UPS and USPS trucks. While we await the last few TP-022 tapes from the Tapeshed we are catching up on several more recent orders for TP-021, Kurt Elling's Flirting With Twilight. Should be a nice stack of those going out Thursday.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle