Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Newbies  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Guyw

• View Profile
Newbies
« on: April 11, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
I just received a Tape Project Tape bought on Audiogon and played Reel B last evening through headphones.  Somewhere on the web I had read that the tapes were packaged "tails out" and I did rewind the tape onto the empty supply reel before playing it.  It played wonderfully and I can't wait to play Reel A through my stereo rig. It would seem that somewhere on the packaging, liner notes, or a sticky note on the tape reel, that there should be a message that the tape comes "tails out".  I looked for this before I played it because I wasn't sure if that was right, and I couldn't find any answers on the Tape Project web-site or United Home Audio web-site.  Just thought this would help those new to the fold.
Guy White
McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MCD-301, VPI HW19 MkIV w/ SME 309 and Shelter 501MkII, McIntosh MEN-220, Classe CA300 Amp, Magnepan 1.7s, Paradigm PW2200 Subwoofers, Otari5050BMkII,

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Newbies
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
The original packaging included an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of printed cardstock that explains the need for a meticulously maintained deck, the proper storage environment and that the tape is on the reel tail out. It sounds like the Audiogon seller failed to include that sheet in your album.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline Guyw

• View Profile
Re: Newbies
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »
Thanks! Apparently they did forget that, but no harm done.  I listened to reel A of the Robert Cray album on my full system last night - it sounded very effortless, and I could play it louder than SACD's. There is something to the "continuousness" of analog. Need to start saving up for a subscription.
Guy White
McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MCD-301, VPI HW19 MkIV w/ SME 309 and Shelter 501MkII, McIntosh MEN-220, Classe CA300 Amp, Magnepan 1.7s, Paradigm PW2200 Subwoofers, Otari5050BMkII,