Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Tape Coverage in The Absolute Sound  (Read 4951 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Tape Coverage in The Absolute Sound
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »
I didn't see a mention of this before, so here goes. The latest issue of The Absolute Sound (July/August, 2013) has quite a lot of coverage of RTR, starting with a review of the United Home Audio UHA-HQ tape deck (which Valin describes as the best source component he has ever heard, regardless of format). He also has a shorter review of the SonoruS ATR10, and also a list of available 15ips tapes. Very good reading. V

Somehow he managed to hear a dupe of a safety master of Sgt. Pepper....the description will make your mouth water. We can only dream!
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
Re: Tape Coverage in The Absolute Sound
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
Thanks Tom, I'll have to pick it up.
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »
Good Evening Tom R,

I just got my copy of the Absolute Sound mag and read what appeared to be pretty comprehensive coverage of what's going on in the reel to reel tape arena. In particularly it appeared to cover much of the software available. I am looking to see what's next.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline X-Factor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:41 AM »
It was a welcome surprise to see Mr. Valin review a second UHA reel deck in less than three years. Back then he stated that the better Tape Project reels were superior to vinyl counterparts. I'm guessing that the coverage of the two track tapes currently available indicates greater enthusiasm by Valin/ The Absolute Sound for the format and it's support. I hope he won't change his mind his mind too quickly on this like his frequent rotation of best loud speaker.
Leslie