TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Video Of Mr. Paul Stubblebine's Visit To The Audio Video Club Of Atlanta  (Read 3758 times)

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
Hello all,

Finally, I am going to try and provide a link as well as briefly describe what a great time we had when Paul Stubblebine paid us a visit. Some of the club members joined those of us who arrived early to set up the room where the activities were to take place. A friend of mine, Pablo and I hauled out our tape decks. Mine, the Tascam 32-2B and Pablo's, the Otari MX-55. There was one time when a recording was playing and no one knew which tape deck (the Technics or MX-55) was providing the music. Note when some of the guys up front begin to point over to their left where the MX-55 was positioned.

By the way this video was made available by a fine member of our club, Mr. John Clower who actually does this for a living. The tape deck used for much of the time was a Technics 1500 which was provided by Nick, program director. I've also got to give a shout out to Mr. John Morrison, our club president and Mr. Chuck Bruce, who is in charge of Industry Relations. Chuck also provided the EAR pre and power amp. After the meeting concluded, some of the members accompanied Paul out to dinner. I was beginning to feel ill and did not go. By the way, that me in the blue cap with my wife sitting to my right. I don't expect the fidelity of the music played to come though on this video. The main aim is to give you all of what was said by Paul and just a bit of the atmosphere on this beautiful day. As you can see and hear, Paul was his usual awesome self. Thank you so much Mr. Stubblebine for bringing such joy to us.  Please follow the link below:

http://vimeo.com/70221373

Bob W.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:30:04 PM by rbwtapeinterlink-Bob »
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Bob,

Thanks for linking that. I finally got around to watching, and it just reminded me how much fun I had visiting the club.

I did catch myself misspeaking though, when I talked about the Blue Note label's ownership before Capitol/EMI. I referred to the previous owner as Universal, but of course it was United Artists.

Hope to see you again, Bob.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject